LCD or Liquid Crystal Displays have been household names for a long time now. Most portable electronics that are meant to be used for customers employ LCD displays. This is why the cost of the product is determined to a great extent by the display. As a result, you can bring down the cost of the product by designing a custom LCD display. This not only causes a reduction in the price but also makes utilization of the display area in the aptest manner. Such displays are cost-effective in terms of cost and power.
Bar LCD display is another type of display that is very popular. They often come in the form of monitors and TVs in electronic shops, e-commerce websites and more. LCD display screens are known to use up less electricity.
What Choose Custom LCD Display?
Custom LCD display helps in saving a lot of money by adding custom symbols and characters. You can make the display more user-friendly by adding more symbols and adding a specific number of characters that are numeric and alphanumeric. These characteristics make this display different from other displays. In addition to that, you will be able to customize the angle, the contrast, and other parameters that can cause a hike in durability or give a better return on investment. Moreover, the LCD display does not emit any light of its own and it needs an external source of light so that it can be perceived in dark environments.
Some important things that have to be considered during the process of designing a custom display having seven segments are the display (positive or negative), the method of illumination, the method of connection, the type of polarization, and the driving technique.
What Are The Features Of Bar-Type Display?
The features of bar type display are explained in detail:
- Resolution: The resolution of the bar LCD display is defined by pixel density. It is a fact that the higher the quality of the pixel, the higher the resolution. Resolution is important when it comes to zooming the image. The bar display gives 480x(RGB)x1920 resolution. Most LCD panels use this resolution.
- Mode Of Display: The display mode implies the characteristics pertaining to the display of the digital screen. It is the number of colours in the panel and the maximum resolution of the image. In-plane switching or IPS is a highlight of the bar-type display
- Interface: Interface is the medium of interaction between the device and humans. The interface offers protocols to monitor and control parameters in order to maintain a stable camaraderie between the machine and its users.
What Are The LCD Display Categories?
TFT LCD Displays
Colour TFT LCDs or Thin Film Transistor LCDs come with high-resolution and full-colour graphics. The LCD display can work effectively in extreme temperatures, can be read in the sunlight and is durable against vibration and shock.
Monochrome LCD Displays
These screens are used by product design engineers and manufacturers of products. A display that can be customized and a touch solution is the best way to cater to their ever-changing needs.
ZBD Bistable LCDs
Standard LCD material is used in ZBDs. This display is an excellent option for devices that use batteries to run. These devices are also a good option for outdoor environments and the ones where bright lights are required. ZBD LCDs offer wide angles for viewing, and long-term stability at a pocket-friendly cost. These displays also use low power.
Parameters Of A Bar LCD
Bar LCD displays are enjoying huge fame as displaying information. One very common application of the same is the airport display screens where details pertaining to the arrival and departure of airports. The aspect ratio of such a display is normally 3:1. The parameters are:
- Resolution Of Stretched Bar: The stretched bar is precise. Pixels constitute the points, lines, and surfaces on the display. The resolution will obviously be higher if the number of pixels is higher. Also, the higher the pixel, more will be the more information that can be displayed on the screen.
- Angle Of View: This is the angle from which we can view the screen from different directions. The source of light that provides light to the display bar has a certain limitation till which refraction and reflection will take place. Once this limitation has been breached, distortion of colour will take place.
- Brightness: The brightness of the screen is measured in candela per square meter or CD/m2. You can enhance the brightness by increasing the rate at which the light passes or you can increase the brightness of the background light of the LCD panel.
- Time of Response Of The Display Bar: The time of display is the speed at which every pixel of the LCD display makes a response to the input signal. In other words, it is the time taken by the pixel to change from dark to bright and vice-versa. The time of response is generally 5ms or 8ms.
A custom LCD display comes with its fair share of applications such as huge display screens exclusive for data pertaining to the stock market and of course, the timing of trains and flights. It has already been mentioned that they have a huge demand in the market for portable displays as well. Custom display, as it suggests, helps in customizing the resolution as per our needs and also prevents making a deep hole in our pockets. These customizations also help in making the display durable.