Colorectal Cancer: Myth and Reality
In the 21st century, amidst the growing advancement of technologies as well as immersive equipment in the field of medicine and treatment, cancer appears to be a frightening phenomenon to us. The notion of cancer still now is synonymous with death, even though people often give up hope just after getting diagnosed with Cancer. The prevailing myths regarding cancer are also problematizing the Traitement Cancer Colorectal Laval and the ray areas in most of the cases remain undiscovered. Here in this informative blog, we have pointed out some of the prevalent myths and realities to aid the commoners in shedding fear from the mind, while our information is aimed at the dissemination of awareness to increase the fighting spirit among cancer patients.
● Myth- Colorectal cancer is a man’s disease.
● Fact- In the context of cancer, there is no segregation like male or female disease and the colon is a vital part of the human body and has its presence among both men and women. Although the prevalence of this type of cancer is observed among men mostly, women also become prey to this fatal disease.
● Myth- Age is not a factor of major importance when it comes to colorectal cancer.
● Fact- The risk of colon cancer increases when one reaches the age of 45 years and above. The Union for International Cancer Control usually recommends that an individual should resort to cancer screenings when he or she turns 45 or above.
● Myth- There are no such cures or no such methods of screening colon cancer.
● Fact- Like the other prominent diseases, colon cancer is also highly treatable, while its detection in the earlier stage averts chances of life threats. However, the oncologists have assured that the overall outcome of colorectal cancer will be contingent on several aspects like age, health conditions, and most significantly the mental strength of the patients.
● Myth- Colonoscopy is quite painstaking and it requires the patients to stay overnight in the hospital.
● Fact- In reality, Colonoscopy is a diagnosis method incorporated to identify the presence of cancer in the human body, while medical professionals give a mild dosage of sedative to the patients before the insertion of a slender tube into the rectum and it does not cause any kind of pain or discomfort. This procedure consumes around 30 to 45 minutes and after it is performed you can effortlessly go back home without any need to get admitted to the hospital.
Modern lifestyle and other factors like health conditions and family history are generally reviewed by oncologists before recommending the patients undergo a colonoscopy or other form of diagnosis related to colorectal cancer. Thus, expert intervention from the beginning is an important imperative for transforming the journey of a cancer patient into the journey of a cancer survivor.
Warning signs and symptoms
Colorectal cancer most often reveals no such prominent signs and often we ignore it by considering it a common phenomenon. However, symptoms of colorectal cancer in your body do not act like a death warrant; rather you can refer to it as the boon that might later on suppress the chances of developing cancer. Early detection paves the path for prevention of it advancing to the stage of a grave ailment. Colorectal cancer usually combines both colon and rectal areas and owing to that the signs are visible in both these organs.
● Extreme weight loss
● Persistent bowel discomfort
● Rectal bleeding
● Sudden change in bowel pattern
● Food aversion
● Unprecedented fullness of stomach
Available options for treatment
Traitement Cancer Colorectal Laval for a long time has remained to be a grey area as the oncologists previously had no such knowledge about how to alleviate the painful symptoms and accelerate the recovery from an acute condition. In cancer care centres, at present times, a range of options are available based on the severity and degree of suffering of the patients. Even the custom option of treatment is also available to heighten comfort and avert the risk of generalisation of the malady. Here we have listed some of the treatment options that may be availed by the patients or request their doctors to embrace it.
Surgical options are usually undertaken to remove the malignant tumours, while the lymph nodes are also extracted. On the other hand, there are subsections in the surgical resection such as colostomy, laparoscopic surgery, and cryoablation.
● Targeted Therapy-
Targeted therapy refers to a specialised treatment measure, dependent on the utilisation of useful drugs.
Among all other treatment measures, radiation therapy is used only in the last stage of cancer as the application of radiation in some cases often destroys the beneficial cells along with the cancerous cells.
In Immunotherapy, the body substances are strategically used so that a natural defence mechanism can be built within the body with the sole aim of destroying the cancer cells naturally. This treatment can be applied long or often combined with chemotherapy for increasing efficiency.
Chemotherapy is a prominent form of cancer treatment and it is taken into context to deliver curative relief and to shrink the tumours having the germ of cancer.
Colorectal cancer is longer a looming threat in the domain of healthcare, rather the usage of proper medicines and choice of feasible treatment options can save your precious life. More precisely, your awareness of the symptoms and willpower to fight against them can help you out. To stay updated with the valuable knowledge of gastroscopie laval, get in touch with an advanced gastroenterology colonoscopy centre near your locality.